View Single Post
Old 2016-03-25, 3:58pm
Wonder-wench

Default Basement Studio Set-up

Finally getting my basement studio together

BEFORE

AFTER CLEAN UP AND BENCH BUILD
I found a set of old kitchen base cabinets off Craigslist, topped with 4' x 8' sheet of plywood, then cement backerboard, then topped it all off with a piece of hardboard (this will be the sacrificial surface to be replaced when it gets too ugly)

Hood 3' x 3' x 2' (also off Craigslist, someone used it before for venting a garage beer making set up). It came pre-stickered, the guy selling it told me at least 3x "it has cool stickers", which, in retrospect, was his way of trying to tell me (a straight looking middle aged woman) that it has Cannabis related stickers all over it, LOL.

and brand new fan, Fantech FKD 10xl (10"), ~1200 CFM, 115V
http://www.fantech.net/FKD-10-XL_enus-40013.aspx

Next steps
Ducting and mounting hood and fan to basement window. I'm not looking forward to this step as I have no idea how to dismount the window and attach a plywood piece. It's a metal frame, hopper style window set into the concrete. I think I can remove the whole movable part of the window and then maybe use sheet metal screws to attach plywood to the metal frame?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.