Thread: Pixie dust
View Single Post
Old 2005-06-10, 7:08pm
Fire Diva

Hi Sondra!! When I use pixie Dust I pour a bunch on a flat surface (a large graphite marver that I have) then I make the bead. After it is shaped, and when the bead is warm but not hot roll it in the pixie dust. If it is too hot the bead might distort its shape. Then I take a knife and hit the mandrel with it so the excess pixie dust will fall off. Reheat gently on the outside of the flame. Stick in kiln. It is really easy once you get the hang of it!! Don't forget to Show us pics when you make some, please!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.