View Single Post
Old 2010-08-26, 4:57pm

Default Fish are swimming....

As most of you know, if you make beads for BOC, it's easy to make "girl" beads. Flowers and frills and sparkly dichroic just naturally appeal to girls. "Boy" beads are a little more challenging, so next month the Houston Hotties (Houston Society of Glass Beadmakers) is having a challenge for all of its members to make beads especially for the boys in BOC.

I had been asked a few months ago to make a fish for a little boy named Ben who loved to fish and was missing his favorite pastime, so I thought other little...and bigger...boys might like a fish too. Here are some from my first day, and I made another eight the next day (gotta clean those fish)
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Since they'll be handled by children I wanted them to be durable, but still have the characteristics of fish. Dainty and delicate are words you never want associated with your BOC beads. I can't wait to see what our members bring to the September meeting. I'll take my camera and get some photos to share.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.