Thread: Organics Help!
View Single Post
Old 2005-10-23, 9:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
It depends on the effect you want. I like the effect I get from leaf as opposed to foil. I do not use it to get a "There is silver foil on this bead" look. I use it to change the color of the underlying glass and to get some subtle metallic. I am not usually fond of the little silver balls you get with foil when you burn it into the glass. To get metallic, just put your bead in a reducing flame at the end. Should bring a lot of of the silver back out after you have finished your bead..
Thanks for clarifying Kim I was curious about this too. I will have to get some leaf so I can experiment.

So my question along these lines is when I use ivory and silver as a base and then do the final heating after applying whatever to it it seems that the more heat I apply to it the more the silvered ivory spreads and seems to overtake my twistie or stringer decoration. Can anyone tell me what the cause of this is?

Gosh, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread - it just seemed relevant...sorry if I am .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.