Thread: New set up
View Single Post
Old 2019-05-09, 2:12pm

As long as you have forced air coming in with the tank outside I think that would be ok. Propane is heavier than air and in a basement will sink to the floor and stay there. Mix a furnace into the mix and you have an explosion risk. As long as the fan comes on before the propane and stays on as long as the propane is coming through that hose you're kind of safe. Im saying kind of safe because if power goes out and the flame goes out and you are outside rescuing a child from a seedy person then the furnace lights the gas as you walk in bye bye house and life, for sure all your hair because propane burns really really hot. Personally I would use another location or another lighter than air gas. This being said as long as you're very careful and make sure you have lots of air coming in before and after using propane and always making sure escaping gas is always being burned then you're ok. Sorry it's the safety officer coming out of me, the risk of explosion is low depending on how much gas your releasing mer minute and how long it takes to light.

NEVER Leave the gas on you will go into space at some point if your furnace burns natural gas. Electric switches can also light the propane if it's been left on including the one in your fan. Even the motor could depending on the type of motor used.

Always vent the space immediately as the gas comes on and for a few minutes after using.

Never leave the hose connected running inside the house when not in use. This will add a level of security you can see from outside that you're not going to become an astronaut in the middle of the night.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk