View Single Post
Old 2006-10-04, 7:31pm
Formerly SirWatson

It's here! My shed-kit is here! I'll continue to update this post with pictures as they become available!

The count down for the "shed-ication" has begun!

Here's a picture of the concrete pad our old, metal shed used to be on. Dan and I finished taking it down this past weekend.

Day 1

I'll spare the details from the shed's delivery drama, but the kit finally made it at 8:00 in the evening. Here's what my garage looked like once everything was unloaded off the tracker trailer. Watson, of course, was supervising.

Since I can't stand it when things are in a mess, I spent the following 2 hours going through my inventory checklist and organizing all of the pieces into their logical groupings (i.e., wall studs, siding, roof boards, etc.). I was much happier with the results.

Day 2

I forgot to take a picture of the floor before we laid the plywood, but you get the idea. Here, my mom is checking out the floor before we added the last piece of plywood. Man...it get's dark early now!

My brother, the "carpenter", complete with a pencil behind the ear, nailing down the plywood floor. Note: Joe (my brother) isn't really a carpenter.

Here's a shot of my brother and his fiance, Lauren, as they continue to nail down the floor.

Don't let the above pictures fool you! I actually nailed together the floor's joists and hammerered down 1/2 of the floor! No one else likes to take pictures, which is why there'll probably be very few of me.

That's it for now! I'll continue to update this post with new pictures! Take care!

Karla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><