View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 4:35pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesorobeads View Post
I am not sure if anyone will reply or not but I could use some help as I am looking to upgrade my torch. I currently have a minor and was looking at a Wildcat but now I am considering the barracuda. I definitely want to try boro. I also want to make more sculptures and thought the fine flame would help would help with small detail.

Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
A Wildcat is not in the same class of torch as a Barracuda, a Hellcat is. The 'Cuda, Hellcat and Knight Bullet are all 2-stage torch that have an inner ring and an outer ring. In most cases, unless you get/refigure to a 4-stud, you either use the inner fire or both inner and outer. When you have both inner and outer firing, all three are very comparable (everyone will have a different preference). But if you use a lot of soft glass and want to only use the inner fire, then I would choose the Barracuda. Here is why:

The inner fire of these torches are usually the smaller torch of its respective line (makes sense from a business point of view, why reinvent the wheel?). So . . . as I understand it . . .

Bethlehem Barracuda's inner fire is a Piranha
Carlisle Hellcat's inner fire is a Mini CC
Knight Bullet's inner fire is a Little Dragon

Both the Mini CC and Little Dragon are entry level torches (like your Minor) while the Piranha (which is discontinued) is one up from the base level Minnow.

Thus, if you go with a Barracuda, you will not only upgrade to a Cuda, you will upgrade to a Piranha for soft glass.

Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|