Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 3:41pm

Please, once again you are comparing apples to oranges. Please don't do that. Effectre has a very good track record. When you buy odd lots of almost any glass then you are taking a known risk. It is an odd lot for a reason. You are walking in with your eyes open. So called silver glasses are somewhat experimental at this point in time, although one particular company I am aware of is doing fantastic quality control. People buying this glass go into it with full knowledge that this or that color may not be available again and there could be some problems with the glass. Every brand of glass I know of issues refunds if the glass is not useable. Exploding glass is not a normal occurence and shouldn't be viewed that way. If glass explodes it was not made correctly.

If you want to use this glass, that is fine, just don't represent it to be the same as other glasses available. Everyone has a right to choose and use whatever glass they want. I have no problem with that, but at least let people know what they are getting when they are buying this glass.

I am really glad that this glass appears to be improving in quality, but we won't really know until a few years down the road how well it really works.

And at this point, I am sure all you Devardi fans will be happy to learn that I quit. I've tried as best I can to educate new glass beadmakers on what to look for in selecting a glass to use for beads. Hitting my head against a brick wall time and time again is just not my cup of tea. I wish all of you the best of luck with this glass, but I will continue to hope that you will be honest with new beadmakers about the quality of this glass. If not, you will not only be doing them a disservice, but will be hurting our art form, because every time someone buys a glass bead that eventually cracks, that could possibly be the last time they buy a handmade glass bead.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.