View Single Post
Old 2007-11-13, 3:58pm
Just me

You got it mostly right.
That thread you found my beads in has the stripe tutorial written out in great detail by taramag which was the beginning of how I made this bead but I'll give you a brief rundown again.
Here's the thread again, the first post has the tutorial. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68025

You start out with a really really small donut or disc bead (transparents or clear work best because they're stiffer than pastels), apply your dots (pastels are best because they're softer and will spread), melt them down slowly and almost completely while keeping your base bead as cool as possible.

Wrap on a couple layers of clear covering your dots and add a turtle neck of clear to the right and left side of your bead (touching only the clear not the base). Heat each side, one at a time, to melt in your turtle neck. Keep your base bead cool though.

Then melt down your clear slowly only barely hitting the clear with your flame while keeping your base cool. Your dots should pull into stripes. This is the step where my stripe beads turn into feather beads because I got the base too hot and my stripes started moving on me. At that point is where I super heat the bead and let gravity pull my stripes into the feathers and then take it out of the flame to cool and round it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StOrM View Post
so if i get it right....you would start with a clear base....put your dots on it and almost melt them in......encase and then let it drip ....but not off the mandrel ......then fix it by making it round again.......if i am wrong let me know .....

thanks again bubby!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bubbyanne; 2007-11-13 at 4:01pm.