View Single Post
Old 2006-03-16, 10:25pm
Mary Lockwood

Yep, it was paper punches for scrapbooking.

I bought a dragonfly, a snowflake and something else. Hmmm...what was that? Oh well.

Anyway, I folded a piece of printer paper in half and sandwiched a sheet of silver foil. Punched out a bunch of snowflakes.

Made a base bead of medium blue transparent, got my final shape I wanted and a nice smooth surface. Set a single snowflake on my graphite paddle. Spot heated one side of the bead and carefully rolled the bead onto the snowflake. This was tricky with the snowflake cuz of all those arms, but with a little patience, it wasn't bad.

Burnish the snowflake on there pretty good...rub it around on the marver til it is good and stuck. Then, I would reintroduce the bead into the flame, real far out. I slowly brought the bead back up to the slightest glow, and burnished the snowflake on some more. Back into the flame, get a nice low glow way out.

Then I spot heated the opposite side and did it again. All the beads had two snowflakes.

Once I had both snowflakes on, and they had been burnished and reheated twice (the trick there is to not burn them off), I brought a gentle glow to the bead, rolled it in pixie dust.

Heated it up again to make sure the pixie dust was stuck, then put it in the kiln. I was hoping that the pixie dust would add yet another layer of defense and protection to keep the silver from ever wearing off.

Nikki bought those beads...they live with her now.

Hope that helps guys. Good luck!

~~Mary

Back to the jellies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.