View Single Post
Old 2014-07-07, 9:55am
JennyD

To be honest, I don't think it will work as a hothead. Ask me how I know! lol

I lost my hothead torch in the move this last Feb. This weekend I got the green light to set up a "travel torch" that I can use in my patio. I was super excited and went out and got my stand, nailed the aluminum sheet on it, got my extinguisher out and some glass to warm up and get going, then I start looking everywhere for my hothead and it was nowhere to be found. Even went up to the last house I was at to see if it was still there...nope! I placed an order for a new hothead but I wanted to Torch!

So on sat I bought one of those Bernzomatic ones at Home Depot and said eh its temporary so lets see if it works...well it melts the glass...burned off the frit I used and it does not get hot enough to work with the glass without burning the color off. It was really disappointing and I figured I am not wasting anymore glass on this torch, I should be getting my hothead today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...I'd rather be beading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.