Thread: Gathering 2015?
View Single Post
Old 2014-07-20, 1:20pm
Gay rights R human rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
I have never been to a gathering. How does it work? There is an entrance fee right? does that fee include the cost for classes or is that in addition to the entrance fee? How does one enroll in classes? Are there meals provided? About how much do I need to save up for this event? How many beads do I make to take for exchanges? What do I take with me (equipment/tools)?
Mina,
The registration fee is for the conference and lectures and opening night reception. There is usually breakfast and lunch available on 2 of the days I believe.
Extras would include....
any classes you wanted to take
banquet
tours

You sign up for classes and hotel at the same time you register and pay for the conference.

Take your eyewear for sure. Any small personal tools (for open flame sessions). If you register for classes, they will tell you what tools to bring. Bring as many trade beads as you feel comfortable with.

As for spending money? Well that depends on your shopping list and willpower! The only gathering I have been to (Bellevue a couple of years ago) I spent about $4000. But I had fun. Took a wonderful class. (you will usually only take one as they all run at the same time, except for small evening classes). Bought some wonderful stuff. Ate well.

This year may be more expensive for me as I have to fly. I have started saving already.

Hope this answers some of your questions. I am by no means an expert on the gathering but these were my experiences. It was the time of my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's