View Single Post
Old 2014-07-30, 2:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHarris View Post
I have had nothing but spectacular service and polite e-mails from Devardi Glass . I am surprised and a little suspect regarding the post stating that he service has been rude. I have had multiple orders and many e-mails/ lots of opportunity for the rude side to rear its head. Every time prompt service and very prompt turn around . Would definatly recommend them to my friends.
See, this is where things go wrong in these conversations.

Saying someone's post is "suspect" is disrespectful and condescending, putting others on the defensive.

The topic of the thread is poor service, not spectacular service, for this particular vendor. If several buyers are having issues with multiple aspects of how a vendor does business, in my opinion, it is good to share on this type of forum. There are many glass vendors out there and I prefer to support the ones who do give consistantly great service, while delivering a reasonably priced product in a well-packed, unbroken manner.

I stumbled across Devardi on my own on ebay. Other vendors that I now use, I found here in discussions on LE, and so far LE members have not steered me wrong.

Any vendor like Devardi that has such a love/hate relationship with its buyers, should make any buyer cautious.