Thread: FLASHBACK
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-01, 12:12am
I speak Murrini!

Dale - HELP!!!

This is the Gas Shut Off Valve they have at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100200276

It is available in a variety of sizes - 3/8", 1/2" and so on. The "male" end of the valve, which I figure I'll be attaching my T-Grade hose to (?), is apparently known as a "flare" fitting (I was told it's a standard reference to a "gas" grade hose connection). Do you know if this thread pattern will accommodate my "B" fitting on my T-Grade hose? If so, do you know what size (1/4", 3/8"...) I need to fit? I'm wondering if the "B" fitting is 3/16", in which case I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO FIND AN ADAPTER! (Arrgghh!!) Don't necessarily want to drag my hose there if you know the "simple" answer! If it's not designed to accommodate the "B" fitting, is there an "adapter" that I can use to make this gas shut off work?

Thanks for everything! I tried to send you a PM/email and privately THANK YOU for all your input and efforts here to help us out, but apparently that option is disabled! I hope you don't mind me stating my appreciation here - publicly!

I'm this "..." close to being ready, I think!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2008-07-01 at 1:46am.