View Single Post
Old 2013-08-02, 2:38am
shirts

Popped over to your website (and then your facebook page to like it with my biz page (Studio Luma). I LOVE the ease of Big Cartel and have found that the Aarcade support has been FANTASTIC! Hopefully you have been feeling the same as well...

I think that Micki is right - lower priced items are what the majority of people of are going to buy... My biggest sellers are little "charms" that I make that people can add to existing chains, etc. They are spontaneous purchases, don't require much planning/budgeting to buy, and make great little gifts for people. Your beads are beautiful pieces of art, in and of themselves, so what about picking some to turn in to pendant and then just have them on a simple chain. This could be a good way to get people hooked on your jewellery and then when they see a bracelet (or bigger ticket item) that "matches" their pendant, they will be drawn to buying it...

I started off the summer thinking that I was going to sell tons of necklaces that I created and was ready to flush my little charms aside... I have yet to sell 1 of those necklaces (the SweetLoops Carmen necklace, fyi and if you want to go and have a peek: www.studioluma.ca) but TONS of the Bitty Beads, Luma Drops, and SweetLoops Drops. At the end of the day, the profit margin of the smaller pieces is great and since people grab them up, it adds up really fast!!

Hope that things are going well... I am off to Collingwood, Ontario for a show, this weekend. Fingers are crossed that it is going to be a good weekend - it is a smaller show (which = lower booth fee!) and I am 1 of 2 jewellery vendors (they are many painters and sculptors)!

Annie (in Ontario)