View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 9:34pm
aka Deborah Spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
der...we're losing Vetrofond?????
am I the last to know?
That's "the word" - I asked Mike Frantz directly quite awhile back and at that time he was still planning on ordering more... but I keep hearing it's no more. There is a good thread on here somewhere that explains that Vetrofond only produces their colors in 9-10mm rods and Mike had special ordered all the 5-6mm rods and that means ordering thousands of pounds of glass. Pretty big investment. I do recall hearing lots of complaints when a color did come in the large rod size only so maybe Mike doesn't feel there is a market for the large rods in the U.S?

Vetrofond has produced some great odd lot colors...

Thanks Melanie for all the input! Brenda... Frantz still has Lichen for sale http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....keyword=lichen What do you like about Lichen?

Thanks!
Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.