View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 12:15pm

Quote:
I'd love to know what the annealing bubble stuff actually "is". I've requested samples of aerogels from a manufacturer just to play with but according to the MSDS and tech literature, it doesn't have a high enough temperature range. It tops out around 750F. I'm still going to plunge a hot bead into it (in a safe environment) and if it ignites, we'll put it out, it not, I want to see how the bead comes out aesthetically.
I asked my people in Japan if I could get a MSDS for the Annealing Bubbles. I was told that while they could request one from the manufacturer, it would be in Japanese. Alas, I don't read Japanese.

I was told, though, that the material is 100% silica. Thus, it should be able to tolerate high temperatures easily.

Clearly, one would not want to breath it, but fortunately, it in not very dusty.

HTH

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978