Thread: LE quandry
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-10, 12:57pm

One valuable thing I have learned in this thread is that the Customer Service forum doesn't work accurately. If anyone says anything negative they get harassed by vendors that aren't even involved in the transaction being discussed. It's like only glowing praise is allowed.

I was warned I would get bashed for this by others that have had bad transactions on this site. talked about it openly and were attacked for it. Apparently this is common. Since the only feedback allowed here is positive the real picture in a lot of transactions is one sided.

Mike had problems with email. Others have had problems reaching him via email too but felt they couldn't say anything about it without being flamed. That's a shame because he needed to know that so he could fix it. I wonder if he's lost sales because he didn't know about the problem?

Could it also be that some of you other vendors have had problems people were afraid to tell you about? Have those cost you sales too? You might not realize it but negative comments do have a practical purpose. They highlight problems that need to be solved. Ignoring the concerns of your customers does more harm than good. Think on that a while.

This thread rubbed some of you the wrong way but it did bring to light a problem that needed to be fixed that effected more of Mike's customers than just me. It has been fixed now. How do I know? Pam had me help test the email to make sure it's working now. The problem is fixed. I now have a response to my inquiries that I can live with. I'm getting a kiln which solves my problems and Mike and Pam get their emails which solves their problems. Things are improving for all of us. Whether you admit it or not that is a good thing.

I got one angry PM saying they don't like that Mike is "letting me off the hook." I don't know why you're looking for a fight. I'm not here to fight. I'm here to melt glass. This is supposed to be a helpful forum not a hostile one.

It's up to you to decide whether you want to help or not. Just remember that customers remember when a vendor is helpful and they certainly remember when one is hostile. The former they go to again and again. The later they avoid at all costs.

Lori