View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 9:07am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieson View Post
Remember that there's not an "official" annealing point, as such. There's an annealing range, which is anywhere between the strain point and the softening point (850 and 1060 respectively for effetre). Any temperature in that range can be an annealing point. Generally speaking, the lower the annealing point, the longer the T3 soak.
Thank you, John, for confirming this. . . with striking silver glass, if I anneal higher than 910, some turn brown. . . . thus my longer T3 soak at 910. Since I am making larger (thicker) beads now, I will add the strain soak at 850.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|