View Single Post
Old 2014-02-17, 7:57am

Default Your Picture

Hi Miscia

I had a look at your picture.

The setup is not ideal, but it should not cause any issues.

My main question is: Why do you use that funnel?

You might have seen the pictures of my installation. The end of the tube should suck the "used" air but if possible not much more of unused air. This means you should try to find the best set up for that.

Before installing I used my hands to identify the stream of hot air. Hot means it's coming from the torch and contains all the gases you want to get rid of. In my case I built a circle with my hands around the flame where it comes from the torch surface. I move the hands along the flame always making sure it would not be too hot for my hands.

This way I found that the hot part past the flame is slightly going up. Next step I installed one of those flex tubes with the opening to the torch. I made it a bit lower than the hot airstream was that I detected.

I try to show a picture in my gallery (setup of exhaust tube in relation to the torch / flame), hope it works.

If the ending is bigger then the hot airstream it will suck "fresh" air which is unnecessary and perhaps more noisy and windy. And colder in winter.

If you can't see the image, please visit my FB account
https://www.facebook.com/Glasperlenw...tImGlockenbach

PerlenFlo
from Munich which is close to Prague, compaired to most of the other users,

Last edited by PerlenFlo; 2014-02-17 at 8:04am.