View Single Post
Old 2007-01-30, 11:00pm
as in the state

Default Glass Annealing Info Spreadsheet

Okay...

I've managed to find some data on various glasses (via websites such as Arrow Springs, Uroboros, Bullseye, Dogmaw glass, etc.) and the James Kervin book "More than you Ever Wanted to know about Glass Beadmaking."

I'm missing info on Caliente glass (though I've sent an email) and Pi glass (again, I sent an email). I have compiled a spreadsheet with the name of the glass, COE, annealing temp, strain temp, softening temp, working temp, and the source from where I got the info. There are still some holes in the spreadsheet, and some of the info is kind of vague (i.e. Arrow Springs annealing temp of 565-1050F...) But, it's a start, and I think the people who have worked with the glass could probably kick in their 2 cents for what they use to anneal their glass at.

I'd love to post it here, but it's in a Microsoft Xcel spreadsheet format, and I can't figure out how to get that onto here. If anyone has ideas for that, I'd happily email it to you. If we get everyone's notes together, we'll have one kickin' spreadsheet!!

I've included ASK, Bullseye, Caliente, Czech soda, Czech shampoo, Czech lead, Effetre, Gaffer, Kugler, Lauscha, Pi Glass, Reichenbach, Satake, Satake lead, Spectrum, Uroboros, Vetrofond, Wasser, Zimmerman, Boromax, Glass Alchemy, North Star, Pyrex, window glass, Armstrong float glass. I know it's not a complete list, but it's a start. As I've said, there are holes, some I only have the COE info for, and I'm hoping everyone else can kick in what they know about it. I've also included some tips such as Carol Anne's annealing temp, Dogmaw's annealing temp, etc. I have not tried all these glasses, I don't claim that this is perfect or that all of these numbers are correct. However, I have included the source of my information so you can take it as you wish.

I'll wait for someone to PM me to see how we can get this posted on here!

-Amy