View Single Post
Old 2013-04-29, 12:32pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
picking a torch is hard that is true.
so my 2 cents the lynx would have all the power as far as heat that you will ever need but its the flame width that i think they were talking about.
when your doing some work with tube you need to evenly heat a 1-2 inch section of tubing and that is harder to do with a half inch wide flame.
so the wider flame has the advantage. and the wider the flame the higher the cost and the more oxygen pressure and volume it uses, so cost more to run.
It all come down to the Benjamen's
^^This. I've had a Bravo, Lynx, Phantom, Cheetah, Barracuda, Cricket, Bobcat and MiniCC as my personal torches and worked on a Victor, CC & CC+ at work. You can work fairly large on a Lynx. You don't need a behemoth to get things done; you just have to learn how to work with your torch.

If you have the ability to get with other artists in your area, see if you can try out the torches that they use. The only limiting factor is your patience. If you have a smaller torch, it's going to take a lot longer to make larger items. If your oxygen supply is weak, it will take longer, as well. What you need really to figure out is what kind of oxygen supply will you have and how much money you have to spend. I am personally partial to GTT just from my experience from working on them and other brands. If you have the $$, GTT is definitely the way to go. I've found that I have an easier time making larger items on my Lynx than I did with my Barracuda. Hopefully, the Bravo will indeed be a step up. It definitely is as far as flame width goes, but flame width isn't the end all be all when it comes to working with glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.