View Single Post
Old 2015-10-23, 4:32pm

Default Devardi Glass Pigment.

I did get the Abalone Pearlescent Glass Pigment in the mail the other day, got a chance to play yesterday. Let me start by saying that I work on a Hot Head. So that could have made a difference.
I tried quite a few things with it, and got almost all the same result. It is very touchy. I have one bead that looks ok, but does not have the abalone look to it. The rest all 'burned'
Here is what I got from it. It is very touchy with my HH. Does not deal well with my heat.
They all had the same amount of powder on them. Most lost what they had, other than the green one, and the ones that look like it burned.
They all have the same one on them, I only got the Abalone Pearlescent Glass Pigment.
This is very fine, like an ultrafine glitter.
The black was intense black that is the one that took. but none of the gorgeous tints, just a green this one was not encased, just burnished as well as I could without destroying the bead form..
Encased, they all turned the orange brown that you see.
I think that any amount of heat after you have rolled it in the powder burns it off. And I have relatively cool heat with the HH. I even work in a small flame normally so even cooler than most HH users.
Attached Images

Last edited by cjbosman; 2015-10-23 at 4:36pm.