View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 5:05pm

I use Lauscha clear almost exclusively and I never understand why so many people have issues with it. I never have cracking on the colors that people complain about, like cobalt & silver, for example. I also don't use it or any other clear to encase colors that just shouldn't be encased, like sulfur colors & dichro. Well, sometimes I do, but not fully and only on small beads. Anyway, I ordered 2-4mm and 4-6mm rods from you in the last few months and haven't had any issues. (My last order was in January - I've been setting up another one but your site was down yesterday). I do know there was a bad batch maybe a year ago? Maybe that's what they got? I have some of that and they're the 8mm rods but I do NOT know if it was only that size that was affected. (I bought them from someone on LE).

Putting it into the kiln hot is what's recommended but I have never made a point of it and my beads never crack. Before I got a kiln I would make encased florals with lauscha clear and put them in a fiber blanket and they would totally survive, so I have no idea why all the issues.

Can you tell me what colors they were encasing and the size of the beads? (or are you saying there were A LOT of beads?) And they were putting their beads directly into a kiln, correct? Just putting them in the kiln hot isn't going to stop cracking, by the way. And with all that stress I'd say it's a bad batch. If I knew more about the beads I could tell you why they were cracking if it isn't a bad batch. But if every single beads that these customers are making are cracking, then it HAS to be the batch.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have, in exchange for free glass, of course! lol! (Just kidding!)
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Peach Blossom Beads; 2007-06-01 at 5:09pm.