View Single Post
Old 2007-06-04, 7:14am
Cats & Glass!

Quote:
These cracks look like totally incompatible glass. Ouch. I'm wondering if someone is using 90 or 96 by mistake.
I'll test my batch of Lauscha clear this week and see what happens..
Paula
Paula,

I'm the only one who posted pix and I can assure you that the silvered ivory one is Vetrofond black with Effetre silvered ivory stringer with Lauscha clear over it. No 90 or 96 there. The other is Effetre light ivory with Reichenbach or Kugler Silver Blue (which, as I said, is admittedly 96). When I duplicated this with Vetro clear - no cracking.

If it's discovered that this last batch of Lauscha clear is incompatible, I hope that every seller will be upfront about it and will discuss the problem with the Lauscha factory, rather than sweeping it under the rug. I appreciate that Mike publicly asked the question as it could effect a lot of people.

Janelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy -
Blog -