View Single Post
Old 2015-06-28, 9:16am

Unhappy Pure frustration - electroforming solution

Im sure this has been talked about somewhere else but i've read everything there is on this and tried everything and im still getting the same result. Ive been trying to use the same solution ive always used (im on bottle 3) I do not want to keep creating new solution waste. After about 5 months of use my solutions go dead. Even with upkeep, i strain it, use carbon, double filter, add brightener, i add a bit of copper sulfate dissolved into distilled water. I add sulferic acid as needed and i think im at a wall. I keep my amps at the same level ive always kept them at, i use a new annode everytime, i clean the wires and everything almost in a militant fashion and ive narrowed it down to the solution. It just comes out grainy and not like the type of grainy when the amps are too high. Its like an evenly distibuted sparkly tiny grain. Almost salmony but like a fine sparkle coat. Should i jist throw out the solution and remake another batch? If so, whats the absolute best way to rid the solution in the safest way for the environment?