View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 11:31am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Yea. I pulled a rod of Vetrofond 12mm into stringers.

The second cone bead with the silvered ivory is GT Glass black Nebula. There's a round one that's fire lotus but the rest are Dalai lama. Don't mind the black stringer mess lol. Used stringers that weren't pulled hair thin and I can't do the method you do lol

Well, you certainly have quite a variety of results there! The only thing I can suggest is to just experiment with the different batches you have. But it looks like you're on the right track with getting the colors to bloom.

I find that a nice thick encasement shows the colors off really well too. So after you get the bead encased with the first thin layer, try layering on a little more clear but try to keep the bead from getting overheated.

Looking at your beads and counting down from the top, beads 3 & 6 are what mine look like after that first thin layer of encasement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator