View Single Post
Old 2016-05-27, 11:01am
Marble Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpcanoe View Post
Would shorts be good for someone just starting out (very new) to practice with or would they be too difficult to work with at first for a beginner.. also would it be a cheaper way to practice... just curious
Shorts are great to practice with. I bought a bunch of Boro shorts that I keep using until I feel I'm good enough to melt the full Boro ( expensive ) rods.

104 is cheaper, but the idea still applies. If you're a beginner ( like me ), you should be more worried about figuring out the techniques of what you're doing than the colors being perfect. Shorts let you practice AND use colors and not have to worry about wasting $$$ on your early works.

You can use your torch to weld the shorts into longs if you want longer rods to work with or weld them to the end of clear rods.

Shorts be good.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.