View Single Post
Old 2018-01-27, 8:56pm
too many rods in the fire

I am another who is in awe of the florals that show so much depth! I suck at florals, and when I first started lampworking, I started specifically because I wanted to make florals!!

I got better at them for a while, and I bought a couple of tuts back in the day, and remember seeing some improvement, but I never got to where I wanted to be with them.

I am 99% sure I know why MY florals are not that good - I work HOT, and despite knowing that I need to work cooler for certain types of beads or effects, I just can't seem to do it. Part of it is impatience. Part of it is habit. Part of it is worrying that I will have tons of cracked beads if I work cooler and slower (that's been my problem when I tried working that way in the past). Part may be the torch I use. But whatever the reasons, I have pretty much given up on ever being a master at florals.

However, if people have information to offer, I am still very interested in seeing it, so I will be following this thread!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.