Thread: Ask Mikey
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-30, 10:46pm

Default My Longest Sentence

Quote:
I'll second the browns, we need some more in the 104's for sure! Are we expecting any in the new shipment?
Imagine I am walking inside the Effetre magazine where there is more glass than one can dream of. I come up to Dark Ivory, there is no bin number, no name tags, but 20 years of buying glass tells you that your are looking at dark ivory and there is 500 bundles of 10 kg each and all I say is "I would like 300 kilos of this color, and I would like an additional 200 kilos of the bundles with the rough surface. To make sure I get the glass I want, I pull one of the rods up from the bundle so that it is about 6 inches higher than the remaining bundle, this makes it easy to pull my order properly.

It is almost like point and click, the more I click, the more that is "Mine", This process goes on for about 25,000 pounds, then I have to stop.

So to answer your question, while I do not recall me finding any special browns, I might have, but it does not ring a bell in my brain, so it probably is not there on the shipment, but until we unpack, one never knows if the 591452 I am getting this time is darker, lighter, or from the same production as the last shipment or maybe I found some real BAD ASS brown while at Effetre and it is on its way, but I totally spaced out and forgot all about it.

But I get your message.........more Browns

Thanks

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206

Last edited by mikefrantz; 2014-07-01 at 3:09pm.