View Single Post
Old 2006-08-10, 10:28am
Hot Rod Addiction

I would think that the Tyvek would be the best insulation - and they generally put a piece of plastic between the Tyvek and the wood to prevent moisture from building up and warping your wood. Adding insulation to the inside and drywall and I can't imagine anything that would be more insulated. Oh, since you said you are adding insulation - just remember to add the best you can at the roof/ceiling - if you don't insulate that, you might as well not insulated at all.

And -- I wouldn't use the same materials you would use on say an addition to your house -- 1/4 or 3/8" drywall instead of 1/2" drywall, maybe R-11 instead of R-13...R-30 in the ceiling though.

Just remember, if you skimp on the structure itself, you get what you pay for. Get the one you picked without windows and then go to one of those places that re-uses building supplies (I can't remember what they're called) and get some windows and put them in yourself. That way you get the size you want to let additional light in (the ones that come with are so small) and you save a little cash and are saving the environment through recycling!