View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 6:36am

Wow, beautiful stuff!

Coldworking is a necessary evil for me. I enjoy the initial grinding to reveal the interior, but doing all the additional polishing steps gets old. I would probably enjoy it more if I had a proper flat lap and wasn't doing all my work with grinding wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
nice geodes, Eric! The prospect of coldworking horrifies me although we have a fully kitted out coldworking room in our studio. If you really like cold-working you'd want to live there, diamond punty wheels of various profiles, linisher, flatbed grinder, cut-off saw, cork and cerium for polishing and a dremel tool with probably 100 different kinds of diamond burrs. Makes me shudder when I walk past there...

here's an end of month non-coldworked (unless you count sandblasting) african king bottle about 40 or so cm tall ...

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.