View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 12:35am

Hey that does look good.

Quote:
Hey Trey, or whoever. What would happen if you hooked the output of the concentrator up to the input of an air compresser?
If its a reguler air compresser its not something you want to do. As it compresses in the cylinder it can explode and bend the connecting rods and trash the head.

It has to be an oiless type compresser. To do that.

Quote:
Must not work or everyone would do it,
Works all the time at places that fill o2 tanks.

But why wouldn't it work? I never seen any thing saying it can't and don't work all the time every day somewere. But the mear fact that there are dozzones of Co. that make all kind of compressers for compressing O2 at all sorts of difrent rates. tells me Its 100% doable.

Maybe the compressor sucks in air way faster than the concentrator can produce it???
Just curious.[/quote]

When that happens it just causes the gen to instead of being a pressure swing asorbshin PSA type set up it becomes a Vacumme swing asorbshion type generater. Then it increases its output. Becasue its easier to push threw to a vaccume then it is to push agains the pressure in the secondary side of the gen.

The real problems are if you want to go high pressure. O2 has to be pumped up to pressure slowly or it heats up and can cause the tank to expolde if filling high pressure like 2,200psi. Then there is just the danger of having a tank thats being filled and emptied and refilled over and over. So you'r tanks have to be hydrostadicy tested every so ofton to make sure they are still good.

But there are a few brands of compressers used for medical use that recompress o2 from an o2 genarator up to 125 psi some only do 80 psi.
But they are out there. The one I have will only boost it to 80psi. But that is a lot higher then 9 psi.

I have been wanting to make a holding tank and recompresser product for a few years now.. But never got around to putting the finishing touches on it. I never realy figured there would ever be a market for it. Esp sence its already taking a long long time for peep to beleve you can actully even make your own o2 in the first place. LOL LOL
The bead world knows it can be done. But larger stuff and the world of boro. i'd have an easer time tring to tell make them to belive in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny. For the last 9 years
I have been told I must run a small torch.
Nope We run a delta and a red max off of our o2 set up.
Oh well we must not work big then. nope I have worked 4 inch heavy wall pyrex tube. Making big vases on the lathe 7 inches wide and 16 inches tall no problem.

Oh then it must cost so much to run that its more expensive then tanked. Nope its about $1 per K tank, or about $25 for a liquids worth of o2.

So I think the o2 pimp has done a good job at getting every on to think air only comes from welding stores. Thats why they keep the o2 and N2 gens way way in the back. The last thing they want any one to see.