View Single Post
Old 2013-06-17, 12:47pm
Burning Down the House!

We are here in Georgia too. Our studio is basically a shed in our backyard. It is very humid in there. We haven't had any problem when the kiln is used frequently. Our old kiln did fail, and we think it was due to humidity, but it sat unused for nearly two years in the studio with no climate control. So my suggestion is to bring it into the house for long periods of non-use, but as long as it isn't getting exposed to direct rain it should be okay. I would call Paragon to make sure, but I really don't think it would be a problem.

Now our Oxy-Cons do not work well in humidity and two of them will not work at all in humidity. I go out and turn on a dehumidifier a couple hours before we start torching. Once the vent fan is turned on the air becomes just as humid as if we were outside, and the Oxy-Cons fail in a short time. If the studio were closer to the house we would run hoses from the house to the studio.

Last edited by Protege; 2013-06-17 at 12:54pm.