View Single Post
Old 2013-06-17, 2:51pm
one day at a time

These states are the most humid in the US, in order:

Florida, Texas, Missouri, Georgia, Louisiana, Hawaii

So concentrator owners in areas with high humidity can expect their machines to die a little sooner. I'm in deep S. FL, and this is why I chose to spend the extra money on an Airsep oxygen generator rather than a concentrator. If I didn't spend that $2600, I would have gone through 5-6 concentrators in the past 11 years. My generator is almost 11 years old and has been maintenance free. There is a significant difference in the operation of a generator vs. a concentrator.

If you want to prolong the life of your concentrator, the best thing to do is keep it indoors in the a/c. I have ran a hose that was long enough so I could work outside on my carport while the unit was inside. My door had jalousies, so I removed one bottom glass pane and put in a wood panel with a hole in it for the hose to go through.

As far as kilns and humidity, I don't think there is anything to be worried about. 960 degrees dries out every smidgeon of moisture.

Last edited by Lisi; 2013-06-17 at 6:46pm.