Thread: Fair warning.
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 11:10pm
Lizard rescue squad

I just read that thread and I hate to say it, but there's a lot more misinformation there than information.

There are only two posts in the thread that I would recommend anyone pay attention to, with a third that makes some sense if you already understand the subject, but only confuses the issue otherwise. (I think the third poster actually knows what he is talking about, but chose a very bad example to describe things.)

I consider the posts by Emiko and houptdavid to be the informative ones there.

Anyone who wants truly useful and factual information about compatibility, viscosity, and COE (as well as other glass stuff) should try to hunt down the booklet, "Glass Technology for the Studio", by (now retired) Corning Glass Scientist Frank Woolley. A while back it could be ordered from Bullseye, but I just checked and the link I have no longer works. Nor does the booklet show up in a search of the Bullseye website, so it looks like they no longer carry it. But it may still be available from somewhere else if you get lucky.

Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.