View Single Post
Old 2010-03-23, 9:24pm

Well, I came here to update you guys about Conner being HOME now, but Mewsicmama beat me to it!

We had a really fussy day today, and after a few hours of crying I was about ready to lose it. I plopped Conner down in front of the TV, as my holding him wasn't helping anyway, and got out his bead strand. I spread it out in front of me and looked at all the beads, and at the pile that he has earned but I haven't added on yet, and realized how far he's come and what all he's been through. I started counting, and gave up at 200, when I saw how many more were left....

That gave me the little prod I needed to re-focus on him, instead of myself, and hard all of this had been on ME. It reminded me how hard these last few months have been on HIM. I put his beads back up, in his brand-new sports bag (thanks Colin!), and got on the floor with my baby and after an hour or so he settled down and we had a nap, right there on the floor. When he woke up he wasn't in a much better mood, but his beads helped me refocus where I needed to, and I was able to deal with the rest of the day.

He is sleeping peacefully now, wrapped in his daddy's arms, and his prayer quilt from Candace (patienthand). I just wanted to take this time to update you guys and to say thank you, for keeping up with Conner's progress, and for sending beads and quilts and prayers and hopes our way. You guys have the most generous hearts I've come across outside of the medical community, and that's amazing and you should be so proud. I was reading the pig thread and my heart just swelled at the joy I'm imagining that Dylan will get from reading all of your notes and seeing the love and time that ya'll have invested in him. Maybe no one but God can "fix" some problems, but what BOC, and you guys, do is make kids and parents, feel a bit of joy and accomplishment.

There is actually no word to express exactly what I'm meaning to say, but "thanks".

Tamara