View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 12:48pm
giggety-giggety

Hi, I'm finally back (and only have a minute to post). Thanks for the info Candice. The reason I asked what length of tubing is needed is because I thought I would offer to send some out for people to try until they could find a source. I would just score and snap off lengths to send. The edges would be rough cut. I must forwarn anyone wanting any that things are EXTREMELY hectic in my life. Some days I'm on target with getting things checked off my "to do" list, and other times I wonder why I got out of bed. I'm also not set up with shipping supplies for this sort of thing. If I could cut lengths that could fit in a priority mail box I could rubber band a bunch of tubes together and wrap with bubble or paper. The largest tubing I have here in stock is 15mm clear. I'm guessing (until I hear if there is any interest or not) I could get at least 8-10 15mm clear tubes in each box provided by the Post Office (if I can get more in I will gladly add as much as I can up to the weight limit)). I have those available here already. The length would be approx. 8". Do you think this would be a useable length Candice-or do you have any suggestions for a good "right out of the box" starting length? Cost would be about 10-12 bucks (including shipping within the United States). Do you think that's a fair price Candice? Basically, I'm not out to make any money but want to cover my costs. Just an idea.

Candice, if you ever find yourself in Wisconsin please visit. I apprenticed with a guy in a nearby town almost 17 years ago and added neon to the little (one woman-me!) sign shop I had already created. I used to hand letter signs way back when. It's always been just me until a few years ago when my boyfriend joined forces and moved in with me. He worked at a sign shop in another town who subcontracted me to do a neon sign for them. Now we do digital printing, graphic design etc. When I would show up at job sites to install neon, customers always looked at me like "when is the neon guy gonna get here?" (like I was just the helper schlepping the tools in).

Hurry! Hurry! I want to play!

My etsy:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.