View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 10:52pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Abood
I use a number 2 pencil when doing the Viking knit. If you use the octagon shaped instead of a round one you can usually work the wire in easily. Also I start students out using 28 gauge fine silver because it is very easy to work with. After doing a few projects you can switch to heavier gauge wire. It takes about 8 yards of 28 guage wire to do a 5 inch length which will draw to a 7 inch chain and with a toggle it is just right for most wrists. If you move up to 24 gauge it takes about an ounce of wire to do a bracelet.
Sharon
sabood@insight.rr.com
anybody got a good online supplier for the silver wire? I ahve only played with this with cheapy craft wire, because I wanted to learn first and not risk stuffing up the silver. But the craft wire kinks really easily - I think the silver would work better. I would beinterested to hear an estimation of how much it costs to make a bracelet - say the 8 yards mentioned above?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.