View Single Post
Old 2010-10-12, 11:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
This is so true. The information is worth what people are willing to pay for it, and really, at the end of the day, that's why they are priced as they are. If the market couldn't bear it, I feel sure that they'd be less spendy.

That said, I am happy to have bought the tutorials I've accumulated at the price I paid for them, and I'd buy pretty much all of them again.

I don't understand what this thread is meant to accomplish other than to cause upset. The idea that people should discount their product to offset our printing costs is sort of ludicrous.
I would hate to think that honest discussion on a subject that concerns me is seriously upsetting to anyone. If it upsets one, well, there are other threads that are strictly feel good threads. No one has to participate in this discussion, but as always, I value the opinions of my fellow lampworkers. It is a resource I have counted on for years. I don't imagine I will be muzzled in the near future. If I want to understand something, anything, I ask.

I struggle with this issue and many of you know that I have spoken out about this before. I think tutes are great. If I can get the info for free, I search that out first. I try to figure things out on my own alot. But when all else fails, or when I just don't feel like trying to reinvent the wheel, I buy help. I don't mean to be argumentative. but I do feel I have the right to ask what other people feel.

I have truly appreciated reading what my contemporaries feel about this, and expecially hearing from those of you who are involved in the selling of tutorials.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com