View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 9:21am
Night Person

Long thread, great stuff! The consumer speaks for their money by making, or not making purchases - the price the author starts at is always subject to the wallet vote. If the author didn't sell any at the higher prices, they'd lower them or stop making them. If they DO sell, well... don't hate the author, hate your shopping peers that apparently have more money than you to keep the price "high" in your eyes. LOL

Personally, I've gotten burned on a couple tutorials I felt were a waste which makes me gun-shy to try more. I've been thrilled with 3 out of maybe a dozen?

Any tutorial I'd consider has to be a couple bucks under $25.

Why that magic number? The risk of the "unknown" tutorial has too many 'known" good alternatives.

At $25, you lose me to Amazon - I can buy 2 real books with free shipping! And I can base choices on the reviews of other customers who aren't afraid to post critical/negative reviews for fear of being ostracized from their community Without the Amazon option, I can find silver glass on sale somewhere and pick up a 1/4lb that will make me several dozen "known" gorgeous beads before taking a risk on an unknown-value-to-me tutorial.

I have a ton bookmarked though!! I'm always hoping for a sale, or the buy 2, get 1 free deal that brings down the individual prices.