View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 10:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I guess everyone's experience with an individual torch is going to be different. I just realized that the Hellcat is Carlisle and the centerfire is a mini CC, which I don't particularly care for. So I guess it's a Barracuda or a Knight for me. Or whatever comes up for sale when I have money.

Teague
Teague, wait. I understand that you're thinking of the Hellcat as being primairily a MiniCC center with an outer ring added, but in my experience it's just not so. While the center fire is supposedly a MiniCC, IMO it behaves differently in the form of the Hellcat. And then, there's the outer ring. I usually run it with the outer ring set with a small flame that augments the center fire -- until I need to open it up, and then wow. Easily adjusted to accommodate every need. I love the Hellcat. Period.

We have ten torch positions and the majority of our student positions are set up with MiniCCs, so we've had the opportunity to really see them in action--both with boro and soft glass. They excellent student torches. No, they're not the torch I choose to sit at.

We have a bunch of other torches including a Minor, a National 8Mw/rider, Carlisle Hellcat, Wildcat, Pinpoint, and GTTs (Mirages and Phantom--which we also love), but just have to say that the Hellcat is a GREAT torch, and is not an O2 hog.

Virginia
Playing with Fire!