View Single Post
Old 2008-08-30, 8:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
This is a great idea. I know of someone who was going to do something similar, but couldn't at that time figure out how to keep people from posting false reports, or one person coming back and posting again and again and again for or against a certain product. Of course this was a few years ago, so it may be that technology has changed. I definitely think it is a worthwhile endeavor. Feedback from end-users is very important, as well as actual scientific data. With both, flameworkers would be able to make a more informed decision when it comes to buying a concentrator that fits them.
Hi Pam
I think the only way to protect the integrity of the data is to require users to enter their LE user name. Duplicate User Names will be deleted before database is updated. Since I am creating this for LE users I don't think that should be a problem, at least I hope not. I almost have the data fields completed. So far the following data collection fields are what I've come up with for the form:

LE User Name
Brand
Model
How long owned unit?
Bought New/Used?
Cost of unit
If used, hrs on unit at time of purchase?
Avg number of hrs used weekly?
Settings used most
How much noise does unit produce?
Manufacturer Warranty
Performance issues w unit
Warranty repairs
Is lampwork full time occupation?
Soft Glass/Boro/Both
Average size bead/sculpture made w unit
Torch/torches used
Type of flame used most
Overall Satisfaction w unit
Do you recommend this brand/model?

The above has been edited to include more info to gather.

Suggestions are more than welcome, in fact invited, as far as what to add to/remove from the form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
From chaos of the mind...comes creativity.
Theresa (Tee) McConatha ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bbnana; 2008-08-30 at 1:35pm. Reason: added data field