View Single Post
Old 2008-08-30, 1:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbless View Post
Tee -

FWIW I thought I'd mention another possible question to add to your survey. Some people seem interested in how much noise a concentrator produces while running.
I'll add a question about noise. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brady View Post
It would take only a minute to create a new user name. What's to prevent someone from creating multiple user names and post multiple commendations? I'm no computer geek (leave that stuff to my son Jason) but even I know how to create anonymous ISP addys that can't be traced. There are even internet forums to teach you how to do it. The ease with which that can be done is precisely why some boards require you to submit a fair amount of personal information that is carefully checked by the board admin before a new registry is accepted.

I think what you propose is a great idea, but there's no way for you (or the board admin here) to tell if 10 favourable commendations came from 10 different oxycon owners, or just one trying to promote their equipment.
Hi Dennis, I have thought about how easy it is to create a new user. There really isn't a foolproof way to keep out people who want to try and discredit the data. At least with requiring the LE user names anyone looking at the database can easily see the number of posts an LE member has and decide if they want to give that particular review any weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Theresa, perhaps adding a section with average size of beads (glass objects) created while using the concentrator might give some more information. And do you want to add a "cost of unit" question?
Hi Pam, thank you for your input. I'll add these two questions to the database.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
From chaos of the mind...comes creativity.
Theresa (Tee) McConatha ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.