View Single Post
Old 2006-05-03, 6:23am

Haven't wanted to butt into this love fest, but, Robert, I can only say what I do and have done for a good many years. I work primarily soft glass, but do frequently work boro, solid sculpture as well as perfume bottles. Whenever I have gotten a new torch, I have always set my pressures to the max setting recommended. My reasoning behind this is that I will have the upper end of what the torch can do if I need it, but I can dial it down to whatever I am working on. I have never changed my pressure settings for my own work, although I do change the settings when I have 8 to 10 torches running off one tank. This doesn't mean I am right or wrong, just the way I have worked for over 15 years.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.