View Single Post
Old 2006-05-03, 4:40pm

You know, Brent, you have just confirmed in writing what I have thought for a long time. You will argue with Kimberly any time over anything she says. It doesn't matter whether she is right, you will take the opposite point of view.

Take this thread, for instance:

Robert asked, "So my question is if I have my Barracuda torch setup to one of the following settings below, what would the difference or advantage between the settings be?"

I answered Robert, "The only difference in 3/10 vs. 5/15 would be the ultimate output of the torch, were you to use it full open. Since most of us do not normally operate our torches full open, I doubt you would see much difference.

Kimberly answered, "Pam is right because it is the needle valves that control the flow. A higher pressure will make your valve control more touchy. And a difference of just a couple of pounds would be hardly noticeable."

Then there were pages of you arguing with Kimberly and she was kind enough to take time from her busy life as a mother with a young child to take pictures to illustrate what she stated.

Robert comes back and says, "Higher psi makes the torch valves more touchy.
and Higher psi make the makes a hard driving flame at the same volume instead of a soft flame."

And you said, "You've got it man... that pretty much sums it up in a very basic nutshell."

Which is where we started. While most of us learned a lot in this thread, thanks to Kimberly, you were rude, insulting and condescending when it was totally unnecessary, and then you state you will act this way every chance you get. If your intent is to get her to leave LE, then I would say you are doing a pretty good job of it, except for one thing - Kimberly is made of stronger stuff. And yes, I will intercede on Kimberly's behalf because I find her to be an extremely intelligent person who adds a lot to this forum and knows a lot about the technical aspects of our art form and I respect and appreciate her input.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.