View Single Post
Old 2013-11-02, 6:06pm

the lynx will not be a huge upgrade from a bobcat they are both 7 port torches, so they will have similar heat, now before any one jumps on me, the triple mix does allow for better striking and it gives you the ability to shape your flame profile more and a much wider range of flame chemistry and temp.
now between the alpha and the Bobcat the Alpha is a 6 port and the bobcat is a 7 port so it should run a bit hotter than the alpha which for boro is a good thing. I started on boro using a mega minor which is also a 7 port torch and I could do tubing work an some nice marbles. I love my GTT torch but you will not go wrong with a Bethlehem either.
I would ask your self what your next step would be in the future a Bravo or say Phantom, mirage ect. if you can answer that then buy the torch from the same manufacturer as the center of the bravo is an alpha and 7 port torch(lynx) is the center of the GTTs so your learning curve later on will be less

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#C-151