View Single Post
Old 2006-08-07, 10:44am
Glassass

1.Don't try and put frit back in the pot by wetting your fingers and pushing down to pick it all up. Yes, it may be very pretty but its still teeny weeny shards of glass.

2. A point already covered dont work in shorts or indeed underwear. The burns and scars are indeed a good talking point but not as much as a talking point as you give the delivery guy who knocks on your door. Soooo intense is your concentration that you forget you are wearing underwear whilst you yank the door open waving a rod of glass and an angry expression.

3. Dont believe me....try it.

4.When using the marver for quite some time, don't think it makes a good headrest while you are polishing the bead in the flame.

5.When a bead pops apart in the flame after being left out too long DONT pick up the bit that popped off and try and reattach it to the bead.

6.Opaque beverages to hand are a great idea until you get to the bottom and wonder what those bits are.

7.NO ONE believes you when you tell them that beads are supposed to be that grey colour OK?

8.Sticking a bead back together does not make it wearable.

9.Panicking and trying to catch droopy glass with your hand is probably a foolish thing to do and might possibly give you a biiiiiiiig icky burn in the middle of your hand that stops all action for weeks......or I would imagine so..

10. Hot glass does not shake off the skin no matter how many of those funky hot glass dance moves you perform. It just is not impressed by such things.

11.Using the tip of your finger to steady the end of the mandrel whilst working in the flame is incredibly stupid, no matter how tired your mandrel arm is. It would be even more stupid to change hands and do it with the other finger.....wouldn't it?

None of the above was ever performed by me of course these are only my imaginings........................................ .......................................