View Single Post
Old 2006-08-08, 8:29am
Crazy Snake Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirlGoneBad
#1 - This thread is hilarious.
#2 - Laurie, love the cornsnake avatar! I'm a snake lover myself (I have seven of them.)

I love this thread and I'm so glad to see it's still going strong! What better way to start your morning (and afternoon, and evening!) then to check in for a good laugh.

Reptiles Rule!!! I have a: corn snake, ball python, blue tongue skink, chameleon, and savanah monitor. I'm on a waiting list for a winter hatching of indigo snakes - woohoo! I've wanted one of them since I was a kid.

On to the stupid newbie mistakes. Don't in desperation ever try to continue flaming a bead that has broken free of the release... I hoped by twirling it really fast I could get it to round up in the flame...Baaaad idea!!!

First it started moving towards my fingers and when I panicked and tipped it the other way, yup, it flew off the mandrel onto the floor and rolled straight for my nice new carpet! Of course I gave chase and - PICKED IT UP!!! Hot Hot Hot!

I won't be making any more beads until my fingers heal...Where's the Silverdine?