View Single Post
Old 2006-08-06, 6:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalflipz
If two of your beads get stuck together in the kiln, DON'T grab the mandrel of the one that was in the kiln with your fingers. I'll never have the same fingerprints again!
I haven't decided if it will make the FBI easier or harder to find me with my fingertips, um, rearranged?

When you get two (or more ) beads stuck together - go ahead and clean them and put them in your wonky bowl. I was cleaning beads at the market when it was slow one day and had two that had joined in the kiln and a woman saw them and took them to make a funky necklace - a bolo tie? (yes I gave them to her laughing and explained they weren't *suppose* to be together). Note: you will not be able to make a co-joined bead that easy on purpose.

Variation on the thigh note: when you have a hot bit of glass land almost in the crook of your elbow - don't jerk it together or you will share the joy of melting flesh on both sides and the burns will be irritated every time you open and close your arm.

If you are tired, don't unpack and put away glass or you might swipe your arm/wrist across the ends and get a lovely horizontal cut/scars that makes people ask you if you've been depressed.

At least be prepared to have your doctor think you're a nut. Take beads to show them what you try to do.

Martha